Monday, February 23, 2015

23 Feb 2015 "What an Amazing Week"



   I have been a little shell shocked by all the support between the Branch and the Ward we are in right now. They are truly amazing.  Sadly, I will have a hard time getting to know them unless I spend about 6 months in this area. It is a lot of names to remember.  Luckily the Lord has been helping me in the process of remembering names.
     I have seen Miracle.  We committed one lady to quit smoking and to come back to church all in the same lesson. To say that the Spirit was so thick you could cut it with a knife, would be a bit of a lie. It was thicker/  So thick that you would have to used a full-on sword to cut through the Spirit.
     I have no doubt that the spirit is there and that there is a God and a plan for all. I have found that I can recognize the same spirit in a 3 year old as a full grown adult. If we Look (which is found many many times in the Book of Mormon) all God asks of us is to Look and Remember. If we Look around us, we can find great things. The Spirit speaks to us and it also speaks through us if we are worthy of it.
     I know that the Lord has prepared a way for us to always Look unto him. A Young Woman gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting about Choice and Accountability. It struck me hard that there is always a good choice to make. We have all been given the gift of discernment and what a gift that is.  If we had no knowledge of Right and Wrong, how could we possibly survive this test? I have been studying Grace a lot lately. Christ has already paid the price we just need to learn to follow in his footsteps.
    There is this really nice Cafe that gives us free food. When we first went there, we thought that the owner was L.D.S. Turns out we were wrong.  She is a non-member who respects and loves what we do. She has no desire to change, but she has already changed me. I am so glad there are people in this world like her. No, not only because I get free food, but because I know that there are people out there that are willing to help people out "to lift one another's burdens that they may be light."
                                           Love ya'll,
                                                  Elder Caldwell   

Me & Elder Cureton

My Marshfield Digs

I love this white stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment