Monday, November 3, 2014

3 Nov 2014 "Ha,ha, I tract in weird ways"

Hey ya'll

What a week..oh wait..what a week is every week!  They just keep getting crazier. Elder Howard and I have been trying to contact everyone on the Branch List. We have also done a bit of Tracting. I was able to talk to a man about his 1980 Z28 Camaro and I asked him if he would mind if I took pictures of it. He said I could so I did.  As I was, I noticed that he has a Honda Shadow, too.  He did not seem to interested in talking gospel with us, but I got him talking cars.  We had a good time.  He told us to come back any time.  Maybe we can slip subtle gospel messages in with car talk.

I love all the old cars and trucks out here.  This is the place if you want to buy a fixer upper house or car.  I love the ability to talk to people.  It may sound weird, but by talking cars some doors have been opened on my Mission.  People have, if nothing more, stopped thinking of us as devil worshipping suits.   haha.

I always try to come up with car analogies for the gospel.  If anyone has any I could sure use the help, haha.  I am happy to be in this part of the world.  We spent some time with the J family last week.   I love all the little kids,  It's kinda hard not to pick them up and become a human rollercoaster ride, but I will try my hardest not to break Mission rules. I can't wait to see my Nephew James Hansen, he's a cutie.

Well, anyways, that was an odd section.  Started with cars and ended with family. Maybe my mission has made me a little bit of a scatter brained individual. I hope it continues, some of my conversations have become really interesting.

 Its a scary thought when you have a dream about you crashing a Mission Vehicle and totaling it. I had that dream last night and I cant believe how crazy it would be to not be able to drive for the rest of your mission.

Well, I hope ya'll have a great week and just enjoy the little things. I love the book of Job.  His family dies and the first thing he does is praise the Lord. Everything we have is given to us by our Heavenly Father.  Sometimes its hard to remember that when it is taken from us.

                     Love,

                      Elder Caldwell

1980 Camaro Z28

Corner of Utah &Utah in Cherokee Village

The Beautiful Falls
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment