Monday, November 24, 2014

24 Nov 2014 "Another Crazy week in Ash Flat"

Hey Ya'll

     What a fantastic week this has been.  It has been a little slower, but we have been able to set up for the next transfer.  The area book looks a lot better and things are going well.

     I got my teeth fixed at the Orthodontist.  That was a fun 50 bucks just to get my retainer glued back in. After that things kept getting a little crazy. We went to Myrtle, Missouri.  We have some members who live out there that travel to our little branch. We burned probably 4 full big trees of wood in a burn pile to clean up the yard. The flames were so high they went above the telephone wires. I don't know what it is, but I think people in Missouri and Arkansas get cold too easy or I just stay way to warm the whole time.  I had people asking me if I was cold. I was just in a Flannel Shirt in a rainstorm.  There was nothing cold about it, haha. I was burning up almost too warm. Maybe I got to move to Alaska when I get home.

     We had an Recent Convert call us this morning and tell us that his dad had passed away.  I assume I will be going to a funeral in the next week or so. I am so glad for the Plan of Salvation at this time.

      For those of you who don't know I have lost 2 Relatives while being out here.  My Grandma Jan (Mom's mom) passed away the 3rd of September and this last Monday, my Uncle Jim passed away. I never would have expected that one.  I do know that he is in a better place and that I am right where I am suppose to be.  I have learned so much about God's plan.  I can truly say I don't fear death, but I will not try to make it come sooner than it has to. I am so grateful for the knowledge of Eternal Families. I love that teaching more than any other in the Gospel.

      I love ya'll and I will see you in a year and 10 days. 

      Elder Caldwell

Grandma Jan

Uncle Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment