Tuesday, May 27, 2014

26 May 2014 Serve the Lord, first..

Ello peoples round da world
    This week has been fantastic!  I have learned so much from the people here in Aurora.  I can't believe how much this area has come alive in the last week. We did service for two non-members, one of which at first was completely turned off to the Gospel. Because of our efforts, she was more willing and even accepted the Book of Mormon as a gift.
    
     I think that we did a total of 12 hours of service this week. We helped a member get two full truck beds full of wood and stack it in his yard. We planted a few trees with him too. We also (as usual) served with the people of the Harvest Church in distributing goods to the poor.
     We had some exchanges with the zone leaders and I was with Elder C leading the Area for the day. In that day we had people coming up to us and asking us questions.  One even chased us down in their truck and asked for a Book of Mormon. I have not had an experience like that until now on my Mission. I know that as we put forth our greatest effort not only can we find people that are ready, they will find us.
     
      In this Mission so far I have had troubles with getting people to come to church. This week we worked hard and had 4 investigators at church!  That is the most I have had my entire Mission. I am so excited to see this area grow and become what I know it can be. Serve the Lord first, then serve Man and everything will fall into place.
    
      Brother T stopped by this morning.  He was worried about us because we were not answering our phone. Turns out he just had the wrong number. He gave us money for breakfast and told us to have a great day. We were thinking we have run out of food, good thing its P-day. Here comes this wonderful man to help us. God knows exactly what we need and he does provide.
     Thanks for all the support. I know it has helped me to be a better person and to be a better Missionary. We have great people all over the world. 
    
                         Love 
                            Elder Caldwell 

No comments:

Post a Comment