Monday, May 19, 2014

19 May 2014 "Life being easy was not really ever in God's plan"

Hola Hola Mis Amigos!

    Well anyways, I don't speak Spanish. I have had some really hard times in this area especially.   I have never cried more, I have never loved more, and I have never learned more.  God never said it would be easy.  The thought of this life being easy was not really ever in God's plan.

    We are here to be tested and to be tried. We go through trials so that we can become more.  So we can make better of ourselves.  I hope for harder times, for it is in those times that we learn and become more.   As the Lord says in Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee!"

     I know that the Atonement is real.  I know that there is only one way back to our Heavenly Father and that is through Christ our Savior.

     I have had some really cool experiences this week.  One of which is with an investigator named JM.  He lives in a 5th wheel trailer.  He is about 60 years old, and plays the guitar. We started teaching a lesson and he asked us if he could play us a song that he thought of while we were teaching him.  He started off by saying this song reminds him of the Mormon Church. He proceeded to play and wow!  This is an investigator that gets it. He just needs to come to church. I did get him playing on video but I can't find my camera chord so maybe I will send it next week.

     We had Elder __ of the Quorum of the Seventy in our Stake Conference.  He said something amazing in his closing remarks.  He said, "Don't remind the Lord of something he has already forgotten!"   Going along with a scripture that says that the Lord remembers the sins no more.

   In closing I want all ya'll to know that I love ya,

                                                       Elder Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment