Monday, February 3, 2014

03 February 2014 Challenge for the week-PRAY

Ello everyone!

I have had quite the week this week! I have been out for one Transfer with Elder Hughes as my trainer. Then all of a sudden, I get a new companion named Elder Marriott. This means that now I (the Trainee) still having 6 weeks of Training  and am leading the Nixa MO Area!

The first few days I had never felt so inadequate for a calling. Now I realize how inspired that switch really was.   I can see how our Heavenly Father has blessed me in making me stretch. All of this so I can be the best missionary I can be.  For those of you not familiar with this, I would say it is most like going into a new job and getting trained halfway. Then having a new hire from a different company come in to train you. I do a lot of training him and he in turn trains me. I train him on the area, and he trains me how to be a better missionary. 

I have had so many opportunities in this Mission to serve and to help less actives. Now I realize that my focus was a little off. I need not focus on less actives or on investigators, but I need to focus on those who go to church every week. The Members do so much and I have not met half of them in this area.... Why???  Because I was not really focused on what helps Missionaries do what they need the member to do.

If you are in the church or not I want to challenge you all to do something this week. PRAY. Sounds simple but can be very complex especially if you want an answer and are diligently seeking to bring someone closer to Christ however that may be.... JUST DO IT!!!!  

I can not express how important it is for everyone to strive to move forward to help others, to love others, To become a Missionary of Christs Gospel. Everyone can be a missionary.  

The world would be a better place if people thought before they speak if they lent a friendly hand out to those in need. 

I have had such a great time. I would not give this up not even for Snowboarding and working fast food!!   Which you know I Love!!!    I really really do enjoy those things, but more so I enjoy sharing what I know and bringing the same happiness I know into others lives. 

I love you all.  Have a good week.

 
Elder Caldwell 

No comments:

Post a Comment