Tuesday, February 18, 2014

18 February 2014 GOALS are IMPORTANT!

Well, I don't even know what to say about this week except another big WOW! 

One thing that really has been cool is how much the people of the Nixa ward love us. We have been working hard with a few families.  We also have been working on getting Members to as many appointments as possible. 

I have had the opportunity to set goals and try my hardest to hit those goals. Some silly and some meaningful. 
One silly one is I want to knit myself a sweater before I come home.
One Meaningful one is get out of the apartment before lunch so that we can just dive into the work.
Another Meaningful one is that I want to attend Seminary as much as possible during my Mission.  The members are great and if I can create a relationship with the youth, we can get participation from the parents and from there, we can get the participation from the ward. 

I know this is kinda just a whatever email, but I know that Goals are important.  It's not bad to have temporal goals, but we really need to focus on the spiritual.

The seminary teacher out here said something kinda interesting.  He said "sometimes we worry too much about being Mormon and forget to be Christians." I know I have been guilty of this.  We get so busy in our doctrine that we forget Charity, Love, and all the Teachings of Christ.

I would Challenge everyone to seek first to be Christian.  To believe in Christ's teachings and to follow them with all your heart and soul. 

I am so excited for the upcoming week and the goals we set.  It has been an interesting week.

Love,
Elder Caldwell

P.S.   Ya'll ought to all be jealous..... I got Steak and Sushi on Valentines Day!   Never thought I would get that on a Mission!  :)

Elder Marriott & my creation called Mission Mush!  Top Ramen, egg, mixed veggies, tuna, and soy sauce. All Stir fry style.  It just kinda happened.  Elder Marriott had tuna and veggies and I had eggs and Top Ramen. MISSION  MASTERPIECE!


No comments:

Post a Comment