Monday, January 27, 2014

27 January 2014 Wow! We worked hard and even more..We thought hard!

Greetings All!


Well I don't know what to say about this week except, "Wow we worked hard and even more...We thought hard!" I never thought thinking could wear you out but truth is thinking about principals and pure hope and all the things that Our Heavenly Father has given us  is hard work. 

I know that Callings are inspired of God.  I know this with a surety now more then ever. I don't know what change will bring, but I do know that the Lord has inspired my Mission President to change things up a little.   I got my first Transfer Call on Saturday night (Yes, I was a little nervous.) I did not know what to think.  I knew that things were changing, but I did not know why and I still don't. Other then the fact that the Lord knows what we need. I am half way through my training period and my Trainer is leaving to be my Zone Leader.  I get a new Trainer, so I get to be trained by two completely different Elders. 

I am actually excited.  I get to stay in Nixa for at least another transfer.  I like it here.  The people are awesome, funny, down to earth, and real friendly. I love this place and I think that I will learn to love my new companion.  I have not met him yet, but he is a surfer. That is about all that I know.  Maybe he could teach me how to surf when I get home. I really am excited about the change, not that I don't love Elder Hughes, but I think it will be cool to see how the two different people train. 

Elder Hughes totally got chewed out by this guy because of a misunderstanding and afterwards I popped off with something really funny.  That night as we were talking about it I said, "Wow that backfired worse then gas station sushi!" We both got a kick out of that. I don't know if you will find that as funny as I do, but as missionaries you learn to laugh a lot. I am always finding things to laugh about and to think about. People are so awesome and funny.  In everyday life you just have to listen to them and you will realize how many funny things come out of their mouths.

I gave a talk in Sacrament this week. I was not nervous.  For the first time in my short life, I felt comfortable talking in front of a congregation. I believe its because I prepared by saying a prayer right before the meeting.  I know how much prayer means now. I have to say it was a pretty good talk about being fully converted. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and will help us to be fully converted. I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is not a list as we sometimes think but it is ongoing. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, and Endure to the End we should all be thinking bout this all the time.  It is the way and the only way we can be saved. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior we can return to our Father in Heaven.

Thanks for all the support over this time and your excitement inspires me. I love being able to share the gospel with those in need. It has not all been roses, but looking back at the thorns I find beauty in them, too. As long as we learn a lesson from everything.  (Yes, I do mean everything)  We will find even thorns have helped us.  A rose would not be as beautiful without the contrast of the thorns. I know there is opposition in all things and it helps us push forward with a Love and passion for that which we believe is right. 
Remember always Isaiah 41:10 FEAR NOT 

Love

Elder Caldwell
My Current Zone..we are an awesome bunch!

The Missouri skies are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment