Monday, August 4, 2014

03 August 2014 "Wow, wow, wow People be in AWE!"

Hola mis Amigos
 
    This week has been fantastic. I finally got a picture of a Marrionville White Squirrel. There are only 3 places in the U.S. that White Squirrels exist and one is Marrionville, Missouri. I have served here 4 months and just got a picture of one.  They are a pretty rare occurance.



 
     On a completely different note..this week has opened my eyes a little bit. I actually got to know what it is like to sit in on a baptism where you can't understand the language of the people.  We have been teaching a Hispanic family and they are pretty much my best friends.  These 3 little girls just are always making me laugh.   Little kids are the best, but anyways we were able to go to the fathers baptism.   He is a super amazing guy, just does not speak very good English.  Sorry I did not get any pictures of them.
 
    I dont know if you guys remember James and Brandi from Nixa.  James emailed me and he told me that he has recieved the Priesthood and was able to baptize his kids this last week.  I am so fanatically excited about this!  They are another amazing family. I am so glad that I was able to be a part of that.
 
   Missions are great.  Some weird things happen that you can't explain both temporal and Spiritual.  I will be honest this is completely temporal story.   We have been helping a local church with a food distribution pantry. When we got done distributing and started cleaning up this last time, the youth pastor told us just to come get him from his office when we needed a ride home.  We went to his office and he had a guitar.  He asked if we played and Elder Holyoak said that I used to a little.  I told them that I only know a few chords so I played a little and both Pastor Terry and Youth Pastor John said "what about the Epiphone we have in the back?"   I'm thinking, "what about it?"   They then walked back into their chapel with me and my companion and showed us the Epiphone then told me that it was mine. Wait what?  A preacher from a different church just randomly gave me a Guitar. (dont worry it is approved for this mission). 
 
     I am so blessed to be able to be in Aurora and to meet the people I have. I would not give this opportunity to serve a mission up for anything else in the world. Thank you all for getting me to this point.   I can't do it alone thats why I am so glad that I have had such support. I know that the things you all taught me are still with me even though I am more then 1200 miles away.  You are all here pushing me along.    I can't express my appreciation enough. 
   
                        Love ya'll
                              Elder Caldwell


No comments:

Post a Comment