Monday, December 30, 2013

30 December 2013 Happy New Year 2014!

Wow! What an amazing week!  Everything from zip lining in the Bishop’s backyard to meeting people who know everything, yet can’t put together the fact that they know the church is true, to finding the most twisted road to Spokane Missouri.  The word “Wow” is not even going to cover it!  I love the people here.  I love the craziness. 

So, starting out with the Zip-line story, we went to the Bishop’s house for dinner on the 27th.  They have 6 boys, all rambunctious.  Love them.  They are really funny and remind me of the Nokes clan.  Ha, ha.  Anyway, they got a Zip-line for Christmas.  So we Elders, looked and the white handbook says nothing about Zip-lines (ha, ha) so we jumped on and went zooming across the yard..fun times!!

The next day we put in the GPS an address and we found this amazing road here.  It has butterfly dips, not butterfly hills!  If ya’ll have questions about what those are talk to my mom, she will tell you it’s way cool!  This road went up down and twisted through trees.  It had no posted speed limit, so we took it at about 40 MPH.  Wow!

The speed limits around here are crazy.  A huge road has a speed limit of 35 MPH and a small turny road is 55 MPH.  So, essentially you find these roads with speed limits that make no sense.  On some of them  you could only go the speed limit without rolling your car if you were driving a nice suped up Porshe!  Awesome! Ha ha!

Our Stake President grew up in Riverton, Utah and my Bishop’s wife’s brother lives in Pleasant Grove, Utah.  Crazy lots of Utahns here.  Haha.  JK

I am so very blessed to be out here.  I laugh a lot and am loving the work.  My companion taught me a very important lesson the other night, one of the best on the Atonement.  He is an inspired man and has been called by a prophet of God to be here and to help me.  I know more than ever that I am here to help others come closer to Christ.  He has blessed my life.  Eating Top Ramen, Eggs, Milk, Rice, Peanut Butter and Jelly is just a small sacrifice for the many blessings that I have been given by continuing on with my goal to serve a mission.  I cannot even imagine something better that I could be doing with my life right now than being here.

Christmas was fun.  We played soccer and basketball for most of it and talked to our familia.  Also, we had a lot of fun watching Monsters University in a members basement with some other Elders in our district.  Again, I just say WOW! Ba ba ba ba ba ba I’m lovin’ it!

Elder Z Caldwell


PS  The weirdest thing I have eaten so far is Cactus mixed with refried beans.  Not too bad, but a little slimy…haha.  I might make it a different way but that’s me.  No refried beans with it that was odd how that one worked.  Mostly the food is just like home food is.  Except I am getting fried turkey from a Texan!

No comments:

Post a Comment